Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > Update Version Numbering with whole num...
Update Version Numbering with whole numbers and decimal points?

2096 Views 0 Replies Create Time: 2016-11-11 07:51:45

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2016-11-11 07:51:45
     Hi Support, can you shed some light on why an  update number  goes up by a  hundredth, a tenth , or one complete whole number ? My DS 708 has not been updated since mid 2014 and I looked at the version numbers on my DS708 and wrote them down on a paper , then I went to the web page that lists the numeric version levels and see that some makes like ford and Chrysler ( with in a time period of two and a half years) the update version number only increased by .01 and .13 on the numeric level, while other car makes went up a more decimal points, or  to a complete whole number or more.
        If I buy another update can I expect  another several years of newer car model coverage will have been added to all the car makes in the DS 708 if I decide to update it this year before the total care update  hardware support ends for the DS708. (Does hardware support for the DS708 ends in 2017 and updates in 2020?) Do  you recommend I  buy the MS906 because it might be better supported with more current car coverage? If there are definitively more worthwhile whole number updates for DS708 coming out shortly for car makes that we see a lot of in the USA ,please share ,Would  I need to download a newer version of DS708 PC suite now ,  since my PC was upgraded to windows 10? Will my older software back up cards still be usable in the DS 708 if I update it , or will a new firmware update remove the ability to be able to use my older software version cards? If I have to best guess  if the questions go unanswered that a update with a increase of only a hundredth of a point is something had to disappear, a tenth of a point something F'ed up finally got fixed and reappears. A whole number,  some extensive new model year coverage got added.

http://pro.auteltech.com/measurecar-1-1.html?m=4

Tags: DS708

Total1 Pages